Inspired by a vegan ramen recipe from Minimalist Baker:
- 1 T grape seed oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 3- inch piece ginger (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 6 cups vegetable broth (we like 6 cups water + 4T vegetable bouillon)
- 2 T tamari or soy sauce
- 0.5 ounces dehydrated shiitake mushrooms
- 1 T white or yellow miso paste
- 1 t sesame oil (for flavor // plus more to taste)
- 10 ounces (Sun brand) ramen noodles
- 10 ounces extra firm tofu
- Miso-glazed carrots (see Minimalist Baker link for recipe)
- 1 cup Frozen edamame
- 1 large jalapeno
- Green onion
- Select saute on the instant pot and warm the oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger (all diced) and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, soy sauce, mushrooms, miso paste, sesame oil and set instant pot to high pressure for 25 minutes. Quick release the valve after time is up.
- Add carrots, edamame, jalapeno and green onion. Put lid back on for 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles as instructed on packaging.