Various activities to consider on future London trips (last updated 1/05/2020):
- The Mousetrap at St. Martin’s Theatre: A murder mystery written by Agatha Christie that has been running nonstop since 1952. With a run time of 2 hours and 20 minutes, tickets for this West End show start at £38.
- Hampstead Heath: The large, ancient heath (790 acres) running from Hampstead to Highgate would be an excellent place to visit on a sunny day. Highlights include Kenwood House, ponds, and Parliament Hill, which features a panoramic view of central London. Journey times from the center of London, say Kings Cross station, will be around 30-45 minutes. The main options are the Northern Line, the Overground, or the bus.
- Highgate Cemetery: Historic cemetery near Hampstead Heath with notable gravesites including Karl Marx, Douglas Adams, Michael Faraday, and George Michael.
- High-Speed Thames River Cruise: A 50 minute cruise mixing a guided, scenic tour with exhilarating, high-speed maneuvers. Typical price is $60.
- Duck & Waffle Skyline Restaurant: Food and a view! This 40th floor restaurant is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A great place to watch the London sunrise while eating a jet lagged breakfast. They accept reservations 2 months out.
Inspiration for these activities include: